(CUMMING, GA) The Sawnee Electric Membership Foundation (Foundation) announced today that it recently awarded twenty (20) local high school seniors each with a $5,000 scholarship in support of its mission to support education in the areas served by Sawnee EMC. The awards this year has allowed the Foundation to give over $1 Million in scholarships since 2006. “The Youth Scholarship Program is a shining example of what the Foundation and Sawnee EMC are all about, which is their commitment to being a partner and supporter in the various communities Sawnee EMC serves,” states Blake House, Vice President of Sawnee EMC’s Member Services.
The Sawnee Electric Membership Foundation scholarship recipients for 2022 are:
- Ms. Tafton Barber Sequoyah High School
- Ms. Delaney Bourg Denmark High School
- Ms. Anna Connelly Creekview High School
- Ms. Gabriella Finamore West Forsyth High School
- Ms. Snigdha Ganjikunta Alliance Academy for Innovation
- Ms. Gillian Garner North Forsyth High School
- Mr. Anthony Giordano Alliance Academy for Innovation
- Mr. Jacob Hamil Dawson County High School
- Ms. Gisel Hernandez-Vazquez Alliance Academy for Innovation
- Ms. Cailee Jackson North Forsyth High School
- Mr. Ameya Jadhav Denmark High School
- Ms. Kathryn Kuchinski Lambert High School
- Mr. Wesley Lanter Sequoyah High School
- Mr. Jeremy Leurart West Forsyth High School
- Ms. Mercedes Martinez South Forsyth High School
- Ms. Victoria May Lumpkin County High School
- Ms. Mehar Nemani Centennial High School
- Ms. Lenna Park North Gwinnett High School
- Ms. Hannah Shin Lambert High School
- Ms. Aspen Townley North Forsyth High School
To date, and including this year’s recipients, the Foundation has awarded $1,052,500 in scholarships to 252 exceptional high schools seniors within Sawnee EMC’s seven-county service area.
“Supporting those in need in our communities, and helping these outstanding students continue their education is a key part of meeting the Foundation’s core mission,” states Ms. Evonda Mathis, Chairman of the Foundation’s Board. “We look forward to seeing the exciting things this year’s recipients will accomplish after high school,” she further added.
Questions about this program or the Sawnee Electric Membership Foundation can be found online at www.sawnee.com/round_up or directed to Mrs. Cindy Badgett, Director of External Affairs for Sawnee EMC at 678-455-1399 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Sawnee EMC and the Sawnee Foundation
Sawnee Electric Membership Corporation is an electric distribution cooperative headquartered in Cumming, Georgia. Sawnee serves electricity to approximately 191,000 accounts in seven (7) counties of greater north Georgia. The Sawnee Electric Foundation was created in 2003 with the mission of providing charitable donations within the Sawnee communities. The Foundation exists to enhance the way of life for those in need, with financial assistance to selected charitable organizations. Sawnee always stands ready to meet the needs of its members/owners. SEMC strives daily to live up to their motto…
“At Sawnee EMC, We’re More Than Electricity, We’re Service”.
This institution is an equal opportunity provider and employer.