(CUMMING, GA) The Sawnee Electric Membership Foundation (Foundation) announced today that it has awarded twenty (20) local high school seniors each with a $5,000 scholarship in accordance with its mission to support education in the areas served by Sawnee EMC. “The Youth Scholarship Program is a shining example of what the Foundation and Sawnee EMC are all about; which is the commitment to be a partner and supporter in the various communities the Cooperative serves,” states Blake House, Vice President of Sawnee EMC’s Member Services.
Sawnee EMC Foundation scholarship recipients for 2021 are:
- Mr. Logan Carras Sequoyah High School
- Ms. Jasmine Song Lambert High School
- Ms. Annsley Anglin Dawson County High School
- Mr. Christopher Kelly West Forsyth High School
- Ms. Emily Baldwin Creekview High School
- Mr. Kevin Maranto West Forsyth High School
- Ms. Colby Louise Hetzel West Forsyth High School
- Ms. Valerie Ponomarev Chattahoochee High School
- Ms. Grace Lim Denmark High School
- Ms. Lauren Stephens North Forsyth High School
- Mr. Jeremy Brown Creekview High School
- Ms. Alana Murray Alliance Academy
- Ms. Vibha Mohan South Forsyth High School
- Ms. Kathleen Daly Lambert High School
- Ms. Elizabeth Keys Dawson County High School
- Ms. Tharini Kavitha South Forsyth High School
- Ms. Kylissa Katalinich Chattahoochee High School
- Ms. Katie Krznarich Cambridge High School
- Mr. Caleb Roberson Dawson County High School
- Ms. Quinn Benson Forsyth Central High School
In the past fifteen (15) years, the Foundation has awarded a total of $952,500 in scholarships to 232 exceptional high schools seniors within Sawnee EMC’s seven-county service area.
“Supporting those in need in our communities, and helping these outstanding students continue their education is a key part of meeting the Foundation’s core mission,” states Ms. Deborah Pelfrey, Chairman of the Foundation’s Board.
Questions about this program or the Sawnee Foundation can be found online at www.sawnee.com/round_up or directed to Mrs. Cindy Badgett, Director of External Affairs for Sawnee EMC at 678-455-1399 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Sawnee EMC and the Sawnee Foundation
Sawnee Electric Membership Corporation, a two-time J.D. Power recipient for best in customer service, is an electric distribution cooperative headquartered in Cumming, Georgia. Sawnee serves electricity to approximately 187,000 accounts in seven (7) counties of greater north Georgia. The Sawnee Foundation was created in 2003 with the mission of providing charitable donations within the Sawnee communities. The Foundation exists to enhance the way of life for those in need, with financial assistance to selected charitable organizations. Sawnee always stands ready to meet the needs of its members/owners. SEMC strives daily to live up to their motto…
“At Sawnee EMC, We’re More Than Electricity, We’re Service”.
This institution is an equal opportunity provider and employer.