Starting New Service
If you are establishing service for the first time or already have an active account with us, we are glad to have you as a member of Sawnee EMC!
Whether you need to establish residential or commercial electric service, you will need to either contact our Customer Call Center at 770-887-2363 or apply in person at our headquarters
To ensure a seamless transition, please have the following information available when applying for electric service:
- Physical address of the location where electric service is being requested
- Full name, phone number(s), billing and email address to be listed on the account
- Residential members, in addition to items 1 and 2 above, will need to provide a full Social Security Number (“SSN”). Please note, if you choose to not provide your full SSN, you will need to visit us in person to establish service as well as to place a security deposit on the account. Read more about residential service, including security deposits and fee information.
- Commercial members, in addition to items 1 and 2 above, will need to provide the Federal ID Number for the business. Please note, if our staff is unable to locate the Federal ID Number via a database search, you will be required to provide a SS4 confirmation letter from the IRS to establish service. Read more about commercial service, including security deposits and fee information.
Stop An Existing Service
Need to stop service at your location? Use one of the options below to let us know you need to stop service:
- Call our Customer Call Center at 770-887-2363
- Text us at 678-999-8124
- Chat with us
- Email us
Regardless of how you contact us to stop service, please provide the full name on the account, the last four digits of your Social Security Number/Federal ID Number or the account number along with the physical address of the location you wish to stop service.